Declare the Major or Minor

Current Mason Students

If you would like to declare your major in Communication or in one of our six minors, please make an appointment with an academic advisor.  The advisor will process the paperwork on your behalf.


Students Not Currently Enrolled at George Mason

You are encouraged to make an advising appointment with a COMM Department advisor at any time prior to your acceptance to learn more about our programs.

Once you have been accepted and have declared COMM as your major, you will need to attend an orientation.  You are encouraged to come in for pre-orientation advising in order to make your transition to Mason smoother.

For more information about our program, especially if you are planning to attend an orientation, please view the orientation information on this page.