Christian Seiter is a doctoral candidate at George Mason University who specializes in end-of-life communication. To date, Christian has published two original research articles in flagship journals of the health communication discipline, Health Communication and Journal of Health Communication.
Recently, another of Christian’s studies was accepted into Health Communication. Christian also recently won a top student paper award at the annual conference of the National Communication Association. In addition to his research, Christian teaches improvisation workshops with the Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science, and he has published teaching activities based on his acting background.
#MasonCOMM #ThisIsMasonCOMM #MasonGrad #HealthCOMM #AlanAlda #AlanAldaCenter #COMMScience
List of Publications:
- Seiter, C. R. (2020). Benefit, barrier, and self-efficacy messages in advance care planning education materials. Health Communication. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1080/10410236.2020.1754601
- Seiter, C. R. & Brophy, N. S. (2020). Worry as a mechanism to motivate information seeking about protective end-of-life communication behaviors. Journal of Health Communication. 25(5), 353-360 https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730.2020.1765222
- Seiter, C. R. & Brophy, N. S. (in press). Social support and aggressive communication on social network sites during the COVID-19 pandemic. Health Communication.
- Seiter, J. S., & Seiter, C. R. (2019). “Are you a good witch or a bad witch?” An exercise in suspending judgment when interacting with “difficult” people. Communication Teacher, 34(1), 35–39. https://doi.org/10.1080/17404622.2019.1603393
- Seiter, J. S., Gass, R. H., & Seiter, C. R. (2018). Persuasion GO: An activity for increasing students’ awareness of approaches to social influence. Communication Teacher, 32(4), 179-185. https://doi.org/10.1080/17404622.2017.1372606
- Meyara, S. B., Phillips, K. E., Seiter, J. S., & Seiter, C. R. (2020). Outplay, outwit, outlast, outlearn: Communicating to survive in small groups. Carolinas Communication Annual.
- Seiter, C. R. & Seiter, J. S. (2018) Adapting the “A-B-Scene” to communication classrooms: An exercise for understanding the role of context, empathy, perceptions, and message dimensions. In J. S. Seiter, J. Peeples, J., & M. L. Sanders (Eds.), Communication in the Classroom: A Collection of G.I.F.T.S. Boston, MA: Bedford/St. Martin’s.
February 12, 2021