Allyson L. Wilson is a senior seeking a Bachelor of Individualized Study degree with a concentration in legal communication. She interns at a The Wilson Law Firm, a criminal defense law firm in Manassas, Virginia. They focus on a variety of criminal offenses like driving under the influence and reckless driving offenses. Her supervisor is founding attorney, T. Kevin Wilson, who is nationally recognized as a top tier Virginia DUI/DWI defense lawyer. He routinely receives awards based on reputation and expertise, for example, the Lawyers of Distinction’s “2020 Power Lawyer” featured in the New York Times. Some of Allyson’s tasks include:
- implementing an online lead management portal,
- managing intake process of new clients,
- assisting with administrative details of teaching and speaking engagements,
- creating an office studio for web and video recordings (lights, audio, and video),
- updating web marketing materials.
She regularly applies learning from her coursework to her tasks, and better understands the importance of communication with clients and personnel in a way that conveys both authority and compassion. She is able to expand knowledge in marketing, lead management, as well as, client and personnel management. Allyson is grateful for her challenging internship which helps to grow her professional skills.
October 12, 2020