Zack Deering is a senior, majoring in communication with a concentration in media production. He is a Spring 2020 intern in Alexandria for IMGE, a marketing and advertising firm, which have many political and corporate clients across a variety of fields. His supervisor is the head of business development. Zach gets to sit in on client meetings and work directly on client projects. This internship will help Zack gain marketing skills that can be translated to well-known brands and political candidates. Some of Zack’s tasks include:
- writing email copy and mocking up client email blasts in Iterable;
- producing reports and research on marketing plans for political and advocacy clients;
- managing social media accounts for clients (including creating copy and publishing);
- producing short form videos for clients’ social media accounts and creating graphics;
- thinking creatively about client strategy; and
- contributing to strategy sessions and marketing plans.
As Zack’s internship progresses, he learns about the intricacies of working with clients to accurately make their vision for their brand come to life. He carefully considers their overall message and individual theme for campaigns is also a daily function. Zack will be well prepared for his future endeavors.
April 03, 2020