Rosemary Idisi is a senior communication major with a concentration in journalism and a minor in theater. She is a spring 2019 intern at WGMU Radio at the Fairfax campus. WGMU has been the one and only free-form student-run radio station of GMU since 1981. The station streams live 24/7. Students host their own shows, showcasing their creative content, whether that is sports, news, talk radio or music rotation/specialty.
Rosemary’s supervisor is Rodger Smith, WGMU faculty advisor and professor of communication. Some of her tasks and responsibilities include:
- Working with venue promoters to obtain ticket giveaways and maintain relationships
- Maintaining promotional items for kiosks and GMU events
- Coordinating with on and off campus catering to book fundraisers
- Managing the WGMU Instagram and Twitter
- Writing music/album reviews
Rosemary has really enjoyed her internship. She has learned many new skills and added responsibilities to her resume in the areas of business communication, marketing and public relations. The internship has sharpened her organizational skills, which she has successfully applied to her academics.
May 03, 2019