Intern of the Week:
Dylan G. Du Rant
Communication Department 11/28/16 – 12/02/2016
Dylan Grier Du Rant is a graduating Comm major with a public relations concentration. His Fall 2016 internship position was communication and marketing intern for the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce, working both remotely and on-site in Tyson’s Corner.
- Drafting content for the Chamber’s social media and bi-weekly newsletter following AP style
- Editing and updating the Chamber’s website
- Compiling and organizing news stories concerning the Chamber
- Assisting with Chamber events: registration and logistics
- Taking strategically timed photos during events to be disseminated through various channels
The Chamber is an organization comprised of members from a wide range of industries, and working there sharpened Dylan’s ability to recognize the nuances of various industries’ writing. This allowed him to adapt his writing style to meet the needs of the organization. Dylan and his supervisor, Ms. Alex Chagouris, Director of Communications and Marketing, are confident that his experience with the Chamber of Commerce will help him thrive as he transitions into the professional world.
December 01, 2016