Q: Who is my advisor?

You are not assigned any one particular advisor. The current list of advisors can be found on our undergraduate academic advising webpage. While other professors may advise you in your individual concentration, it is important to see one of the main advisors each semester in order to ensure you are meeting your general education and upper division requirements.

Q: How do I get advised?

Please go to the undergraduate academic advising webpage, and sign up for an appointment using the calendar. 

Q: Why is academic advising important?

  • Update your progress towards graduation
  • Establish an academic action plan and discuss potential career goals
  • Learn about academic policies and hard-to-decipher information
  • Learn about minors, internships, activities and job opportunities

Q: What section of English 302 am I required to take?

There is no restriction on which section of English 302 communication majors may take.  The Dept of Communication recommends you take a Humanities, Social Sciences, or Multi-Disciplinary section, as those sections are most closely aligned with a degree in Communication.  However, you are free to take any open section. 

You MUST earn a C or higher to have this count in your graduation plan.

Q: Anything else?

Yes! If you are a communication major and you are interested in learning more about career opportunities, including available internships, upcoming events and communication department news, please sign up to join our undergraduate listserv by emailing comprint@gmu.edu

#MasonCOMM #ThisIsMasonCOMM