Declare the Major

Current Students

If you would like to declare your major in Communication please make an appointment with the appropriate advisor. After reviewing the degree requirements, you must complete and sign Change of Major Form and deliver it to the Registrar's office (SUB I, room 2101) for processing.

Students Not Currently Enrolled at George Mason

When you apply to George Mason you will be asked to designate your intended program of study. By selecting Communication, upon admission, you will enter the university with the major declared. After you have accepted admission and paid the enrollment deposit, you are required to attend a new student orientation. Contact the Admissions Office for dates of orientation events for Communication majors. Advisors from our department will be present on these dates, explaining major requirements and assisting with your class choices.