Thank you for your interest in programs of the Department of Communication at George Mason University. We invite all prospective students to learn about the vitality of the department, its faculty and students, and its programs by exploring the pages of the department website.
The Department of Communication generates and applies knowledge about human communication processes in important areas such as healthcare, crisis and risk, political processes, and media. The department's students excel in complex public and private communication environment. The faculty's commitment to research and the development of innovative theory, as well as the practical application of communication techniques to pressing social problems distinguishes the department's BA, MA, and PhD programs.
Undergraduate Student Information:
Helpful Links and Information:
- To learn more about the Communication concentrations, minors, and their requirements, please click here.
- For more information about extra-curricular activities and organizations related to the COMM Program, please click here.
- For more information on how to apply to Mason, please click here.
- For news about the department, professors, and students, please click here.
- Contact information can be found through this link.
- For more information about advising for the Communication major and minors please click this link.
- For more information about the COMM 450/Internship program and the Communication Internship & Job Newsletter, click here.
- For more information about COMM Honors and the Communication Honors Society, Lamda Pi Eta, please click here.
- Information on Mason summer camps coordinated by instructors from the COMM department
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Graduate Student Information:
This page provides important information for all prospective students and includes information that is both relevant to undergraduate and graduate students. For graduate students, we encourage you to explore the resources below:
- Read our program information
- Review degree requirements
- See courses and syllabi
- Learn about the application process and requirements
- Explore funding for graduate studies
- When you are ready to apply to a graduate program in communication, visit this webpage.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To Request Information
To request more information or to register your interest in our degrees, contact the Office of Admissions, the communication BA director, or the Graduate Coordinator.
We strongly encourage you to do this so we can provide you with better service and keep you informed about upcoming events relevant to your program of interest.