What is the Communication Center?
The Communication Center supports students and faculty at George Mason University through one-on-one coaching focused on developing communication skills. COMM 101 students are required to visit the Communication Center at least once during the semester. Additional visits to the Communication Center can count towards the required research credits.
How can I schedule a Communication Center appointment?
To schedule an appointment, follow the steps below:
- Go to https://commcenter.as.me/schedule.php.
- Schedule an appointment in an available 30-minute slot and provide all necessary information.
- For Spring 2021, all appointments will take place online via Blackboard Collaborate. In your appointment confirmation email, you will receive a link to join the Communication Center Blackboard Collaborate room.
What counts as credit for a COMM 101 Communication Center appointment?
To receive credit for attending the Communication Center for COMM 101, you should:
- complete substantial work on an assignment during your appointment such as...
- Communication Challenge 1,
- the Culture and Perception Speech,
- the Explanatory Speech,
- or the Deliberative Dialogue assignment.
- come with all the necessary materials for the specific assignment you wish to work on (e.g., outline, visual aid).
- arrive on time; if you are 10 or more minutes late to your appointment, you will not receive credit.
What can I work on during an appointment?
In a Communication Center appointment for COMM 101 credit, you can work on a variety of communication skills, including:
- topic development and organization.
- research and APA citations.
- visual aids and outlining.
- speech or interview rehearsal.