Olivia Vermane is a junior communication major with a concentration in journalism. She currently interns at Arlington Independent Media (AIM), Arlington, Virginia. It is a nonprofit membership organization and community media center, providing television production, training workshops and access to professional media technologies. AIM facilitates the creation of video, audio, web, and digital content. In fact, the AIM executive director, Paul LeValley, is a GMU Communication Department adjunct instructor. Olivia’s immediate supervisor is the director of operations. Some of Olivia's tasks include:
- producing short promotional and informational audio and video packages
- assisting with social media campaigns each week
- assisting with building library photos for AIM
- writing and editing blog posts for the website and membership
- developing weekly news overview packages about AIM and WERA 96.7 FM
Olivia is passionate about her internship and wants to learn as much as she can about the industry. She is able to apply her communication course skills to the internship, and then apply the internship learning and skills to her communication courses. The experience will fit well into attaining her final goals upon graduation.
March 08, 2019