Albert (A.J.) Blomberg is a junior studying communication with a concentration in public relations and a minor in business. He currently serves as a corporate communications intern for K12 Inc., a Herndon-based education service provider for over 70 managed public schools across the country. They are educators specializing in personalized education. In his role at K12, Albert is strengthening his public relations skills. Some of his responsibilities include:
• Writing student highlight features for K12’s corporate blog, BloggEd
• Drafting pitches and media lists to distribute K12 communications across media markets nationwide
• Ghostwriting letters to the editor to advocate on behalf of students and parents to be published in local newspapers
• Generating engaging social media posts and content across several platforms
• Assisting the communications team with project management, analysis, and reporting
Over the course of the internship, Albert has been exposed to various aspects of the field of communication within a corporate environment. From positive public relations to crisis communication, he has been assigned a wide-range of projects to enhance his background. He looks forward to taking the experience and skills he is gaining in the office and applying it in his Mason course work and beyond.
February 15, 2019