Thank you for your interest in programs in the Department of Communication at George Mason University. We invite all prospective students to learn about the vitality of the department, its faculty and students, and its programs by exploring the pages of the department website.
This page provides important information for all prospective students, but it is particularly relevant to graduate students. We encourage you to explore the resources below:
- Read our PhD program information
- Review degree requirements
- See courses and syllabi
- Learn about the application process and requirements
- Explore funding for graduate studies
- Visit the Communication Graduate Student website
When you are ready to apply to a graduate program in communication, the webpage How to Apply will guide you through the process.
To Request Information
To request more information or to register your interest in our degrees, contact the Office of Admissions. We strongly encourage you to do this so we can provide you with better service and keep you informed about upcoming events relevant to your program of interest.
Resources for All Prospective Students
Communication Department Resources for Prospective Graduate Students
- Application Requirements and Deadlines for the PhD in Communication
- Requirements for the PhD in Communication
- PhD in Communication Program Information
- Application Requirements and Deadlines for the MA in Communication
- Degree Requirements for the MA in Communication
- FAQs for the MA in Communication
- Courses, Syllabi, and Currently Scheduled Sections
- Communication Graduate Student Association
- Directory of Science Communication Courses and Programs