The Insight Committee
The Insight Committee of the GMU Department of Communication was formed to build and enhance relationships between the department, the students and the larger community of practicing public relations and communication professionals. The committee also strives to maintain an ongoing dialogue that helps focus the department’s research and teaching efforts as a means of meeting and furthering the needs of the professional communication community.
The Insight Committee meets several times a year and appoints sub-committees from time-to-time to lead the development of specific programs that support its key missions. The annual GMU Student/Industry Communications Forum is one of these outreach programs, with others focusing on career enhancement and communication job fairs.
- Carolyn M. Cuppernull, Chair
- Director, Business Development
- Inmarsat Government
- Christopher R. Brewster
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
External and Corporate Relations
World Bank Group
- Marie Dyak
- The Entertainment Industries Council (EIC)
- Patrick J. Fn'Piere
- The Public Management Group, LLC
- Tom Hoog
- Hill & Knowlton Strategies, Inc.
- Clay McConnell
- Vice President, Communications
- Airbus Americas Inc.
- Mark Root
- Corporate Director, Media Relations
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Larry Rosenfeld
- Chief Executive Officer
- SAGE Communications
- Tara Ruszkowski
- Founder & Principal
- Ruszkowski and Assoc.
- Danny Selnick
- Senior Vice President
- Strategic Markets
- Arzu Tuncata Tarimcilar
- Managing Partner of Impact, LLC
- Shareholder and Board Member of Gama Holding
- Chad Tragakis
- Vice President of Communications
- Partnership for Public Service
- Beth Jannery, Faculty Liaison
- Communication Department Faculty Member
- Michael Dickerson
- Insight Committee Member